This howto is for all DM model with a hard disk installed in them and for all DM models that have a hard disk mounted to them. The example below is based on a DM500 with a Windows Media Center Hard disk mounted to it. Click here to learn howto mount a hdd to your DM box
So what do these options mean?
- Recording on: Select you local hard disk, or a mounted drive
- Record split size: Set the maximum size of your recorded files before the are split into the next file
- Enable timeshift: Enable creation of a permanent timeshift buffer, allowing you to rewind live tv. Note this controls only the 'automatic' timeshift, if you disable this feature, you will still be able to start a 'manual' timeshift by pressing the pause key, when watching live tv.
- Enable autoplay: A love it or hate it feature! When enabled allows you to continue playing your last movie when you select the "file" menu without the need of selecting it.
- Timer start offset: If you have a timer function defined, this option allow you to start the timer earlier by 1-60 minutes
- Timer stop offset: If you have a timer function defined, this option allow yo to stop the timer later by 1-60 minutes
- Timeshift delay: Delay after which the automatic timeshift background recording will start, when you switch to a channel.
- Time shift recording time: Length of the automatic timeshift background recording; i.e. the maximum time you can rewind a live tv show.
Tip: If you are going to burn your recordings to a CD then you want to split the files at approx. 700mb
Tip: If you are going to burn your recordings to a DVD then you want to split the files at approx. 4gb
Tip: If you are going to transcode your recording you should try and make sure they are in just one file, so allow roughly 2gb per hour of recording
Back 1 Page : Back to the PLi Wiki : E1 Howtos : DM500 : DM500+ : DM56xx : DM600 : DM7000 : DM7020 : DM7025 : DM800 : DM8000