Notice: The instruction how to flash a receiver can be found at the Receivers section of the Wiki
After a fresh flash OpenPLi will start with the installation wizard, which will guide you through the installation and the following steps (btw you can always go back a step using the "exit" button on your remote control!):
- Select your language (after having chosen the language, Enigma restarts)
- Video input selection
- Video Mode selection
- Overscan wizard
- Connect your receiver to the internet (when a DHCP server is present this will be easiest)
- Internet Connection will be checked
- Tuners will be setup, so you'll have to know which satellites you can connect to.
Remember there is no channel list installed, so you can do a scan or download one from the settings section in the Plugin browser. Of course you can change all the above settings afterwards, if you want.
Notice to HDMI-CEC users: By default the HDMI-CEC option is turned of. If you want to use the HDMI-CEC function...
- go to Menu->Setup->System->Cusomize
- Put the Setup mode to Advanced and press green (OK)
- Select Audio / Video->HDMI-CEC setup and Enable the function.
When you have made a backup with the plugin AutoBackup and this backup is on a media that is accessible from startup, it will restore all your settings, picons and some plugins from the OpenPLi feed. Depending on your internet speed and the data that has to be restored, this can take a few minutes.