How to flash the receiver...
Download a image from: https://openpli.org Unpack the ZIP file and place the content on a USB disk.
FLASHING THE RECEIVER.
- Unzip compressed file.
- Copy the "etxxxx" folder to a USB Pen Drive.
- Power off or reboot the receiver with the mains switch on the rear. Connect USB Pen Drive.
- Power on receiver with the mains switch on the rear.
- After rebooting or cold start the power LED will blink several times after some time. At that moment press the power button on the front panel.
- Flashing of the image will start
- Booting will start automatically once the flashing process has completed
Note: In order to load the image automagically, rename the file called "noforce" to "force"
Note: When using a rotor unit on a ET8500 receiver, do not put the rotor on tuner 3 or 4. Somehow the rotor command's are not transmitted correctly so moving the dish isn't working. So put the rotor on tuner 1 or 2.
How to flash the receiver ET7x00...
Flashing the Receiver.
- Power off the receiver
- Ensure no other USB devices are plugged into the receiver while flashing.
- Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver, rear USB port is advised if possible.
- Power the receiver on, you will now see a RED LED.
- When the RED LED BLINKS after 2-3 seconds press the FRONT STANDBY button located on the front panel of the receiver to start the flashing process, a GREEN LED will also appear to indicate that the flashing is in progress.
- During the flashing process both the GREEN LED and RED LED will remain alight.
- Once complete the receiver will automatically boot into the new image.
The flashing process should take approximately two to four minutes to complete, while the receiver is being flashed, it is important that you DO NOT power the receiver down for any reason as this can cause serious and or permanent damage.