How to flash the receiver...
Download a image from: https://openpli.org Unpack the ZIP file and place the content on a USB disk.
FLASHING THE RECEIVER.
- Unzip compressed file.
- Copy the "etxxxx" folder to a USB Pen Drive.
- Power off or reboot the receiver with the mains switch on the rear. Connect USB Pen Drive.
- Power on receiver with the mains switch on the rear.
- After rebooting or cold start the power LED will blink several times after some time. At that moment press the power button on the front panel.
- Flashing of the image will start
- Booting will start automatically once the flashing process has completed
Note: In order to load the image automagically, rename the file called "noforce" to "force"
Note: When using a rotor unit on a ET8500 receiver, do not put the rotor on tuner 3 or 4. Somehow the rotor command's are not transmitted correctly so moving the dish isn't working. So put the rotor on tuner 1 or 2.