Release date: 13-1-2019
- This image is using the OE Pyro branch (Yocto project)
- Add Support for Gamma Curve (aka SDR/HDR/HLG)
- Service references for dotted lines (VBI-Lins) on top of the screen are now placed in the file: /etc/enigma2/whitelist_vbi. With a update of the settings lists, the entry's aren't lost anymore.
- Improved support for the Wifi USB chipsets (MT7601u, MT7610u, RTL3573, RTL5572, RTL8723a, RTL8723bs, RTL8723bt, RTL8812au, RTL8814au, RTL8822bu, RTL8189es and RTL8192EU) (note: not for all images yet!)
- Updated driver for the Wifi USB chipset RTL8192cu
- New libcrypto-compat package provides backwars openssl/libcrypto support [20190121 hotfix]
Improvement Since previous version:
- Fallback remote receiver (eg. fallback tuner) possibilities extended, like download channels and/or EPG from the same stream or other boxes.
- Latest Commits - Removed from Information\About\Red button
- Gstreamer 1.14.4
- Keyboard entry improvement
- libssh 0.7.6 to address CVE02018-10933
- Some improvements for the online Flash. (eg. other a Flash to multiboot, you get direct access towards the multiboot menu)
- Small improvements for the StartupWizard. (eg. When no tuners are enabled, a fallback tuner option is presented.)
- Added option to fully disable the Fastscan (default = disable)
- Hide non-required menu options in tuner setup when no tuners are enabled.
- Auto backup: from Applications as a application to Settings - Auto backup
No image support for:
- WWIO Bre2ze4k
- Amiko Viperslim
Changes to Samba (Windows file sharing, CIFS):
For those who are Samba users, a brief explanation of the changes since OpenPLi 6.x:
- smbpasswd is now part of the image, so you can manually create samba-only users, and set passwords
- pam_smbpass has been reinstated, which syncs the linux password to the samba password (and create the samba account if needed) when you use the passwd command
- you can now use the useradd command to create new users to be used for samba access
- smb.conf has been split into parts:
- smb.conf, not end-user maintainable, no longer marked in opkg as a config file
- smb-user.conf, where you can add your own global config overrides
- smb-secure.conf, which can be included from smb-user, and changes the global config to disallow unsecure/guest access
- shares folder, contains a conf file per share, based on the share configuration in the share.template file
- mdev will automatically generate a share config upon mount of a new device, remove it when the devices is unmounted, and will restart (if installed and running) samba in the background. This means that when you plug a USB device in, it will be accessable via its own share.
If you restore a configuration backup from an older OpenPLi version, your old smb.conf will automatically converted to the new format. The old configuration file will be stored as smb.conf.old. You will need this files if you have custom shares defined that could not be automatically converted.